NauVEL - Naugatuck Valley Emends Lead Hazards
Get the Lead O U T ! APPLY NOW!!
See pre-application and requirements under Property Owners.
The Naugatuck Valley Health District (NVHD) is committed to protecting children from lead poisoning and making homes in the valley safe and healthy. NVHD’s NauVEL (Naugatuck Valley Emends Lead Hazards) program receives funding through the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
NVHD is partnering with the Healthy Homes Program of the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center to protect children before they are poisoned by lead hazards or injured by safety hazards in their homes. We offer services in our member communities: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Derby, Naugatuck, Seymour, and Shelton.
NauVEL provides qualified homeowners and tenants with:
• Inspections and plans for lead and home safety hazard removal
• Financial assistance to remediate hazards
• Relocation assistance during construction
• Referrals to low- or no-cost home weatherization programs designed to increase energy efficiency
• Lead hazard and healthy homes education.
To view a listing of homes made lead safe by NauVEL, click on the Valley Lead Safe Housing Registry in the Renters Section.
For more information about NauVEL, please call Carol at 203.881.3255.
Naugatuck Valley Emends Lead Hazards Program
98 Bank Street
Seymour, CT 06483